Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Abstract Background


http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial/Abstract-Background-in-Photoshop/54793

I just did this tutorial, which was alright in the sense that it produced an interesting image but the tutorial itself didn't really explain one of the steps very well. In fact it went from A to C, bypassing B completely. I did work it out though in the end though; when it says rezize the image on the second page, you will actually need to skew it to make it into a triangle shape then make 3 copies of it and rotate them round the centre to get the starburst effect.

First turn your rulers on if they aren't already on. Change your background layer into a proper layer so that it can have transparency. Select the move tool and make sure the transform handles are visible, the make 2 guidelines by dragging from the ruler, marking the centre of the "burst". Then hold down ctrl and drag the top two corners into the central point, then move the other two points so that the triangular shape intersects with the bottom corners of the page. You will probably need to play around with the distance to get it looking right. Then just duplicate and rotate to make a full radial burst. I used a slight blur afterwards just to smooth everything out after the tranformation. Here are a few different versions of the one I did, using different layer effects on the highest layer.


No comments:

Post a Comment