Wednesday, 17 February 2010

My New Toy = Wacom Bamboo Touch and Pen

I recently bought a Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet which set me back £80 but I think it is a great investment which will both increase the quality of my work and decrease the time I spend on it!. If I had had this a few months ago, while making The Shadow Diablo game, I would've spent a lot less time doing the graphics in illustrator. I have never used a graphic tablet other than this but from what I have heard it is an excellent starting point. It has good touch sensitivity and can be used for navigation making it an efficient and powerful sidekick to many of the programs which us IMD students use on a daily basis. Above is my first shot at digital paining. I am already finding it easier to use and am slowly beginning to become familiar with the way that brushes are used. I did this from a tutorial, which is an excellent introduction to digital painting and although I know that my version isn't as good as the example, it is a first attempt and not bad for a first try. Here is the tutorial anyway. I will be posting more links to tutorials and what I have made from them in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment